Discrimination is Against the Law
Jupiter Outpatient Surgery Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Jupiter Outpatient Surgery Center does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Jupiter Outpatient Surgery Center:
• Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
○ Qualified sign language interpreters
○ Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
• Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
○ Qualified interpreters
○ Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Lynn Sylvia, RN.
If you believe that Jupiter Outpatient Surgery Center has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Lynn Sylvia, RN
Jupiter Outpatient Surgery Center
2055 N. Military Trail Suite 100
Jupiter, FL 33458
Fax (561) 741-1397
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Lynn Sylvia, RN is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue
SW Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.